I want to go shopping:

Alright, I have already posted a blog about all of the changes happening with my body, my clothes not fitting, not feeling good, not wanting to go anywhere because "I have nothing to wear" etc, etc., and I have been getting on my own nerves, so I am sure I am on everyone else's too. However, that's not what this post is about. In the last few weeks I have done some major searching and trial-and-error for "what to wear" and where to get it! I have ordered online, I have gone to stores, I have followed every maternity clothing store on Instagram and Facebook that I can find, I have asked friends who have been pregnant before and the list goes on and on.

If you know me, you know that I seriously love to shop. My closest friends know some weird "problems" I have when it comes to shopping (too weird to share here). But, seriously it's one of my favorite things to do. I could go shopping any day or any time. I can go with someone or I could do some serious damage by myself! Want to know what a perfectly, thearaputic day in my book consist of? Getting up on a pretty Saturday morning (like a 67 degree and sunshine kind of day), getting dressed (comfortably), leaving the house, stopping to get gas (I LOVE GAS STATIONS), running to Starbucks for a SFFF mocha or coffee frappe and then going to the galleria (yes, that's my favorite place to shop) for a long day of shopping (insert another Starbucks drink and probably a cookie from The Cookie Co somewhere in that day) and you have what I consider to be a perfectly, thearaputic day. Oh, wait, can't forget this....coming  home from a full day of shopping, taking my shoes off, getting a big glass if Splenda tea (you know that's my drug of choice), and then taking out everything I bought, laying it out on my bed and looking at it all again. Ahhhhhhhhh. Do you even know how much I love doing that? Ok, I'm a freak! I know! It's ok! Tyson loves me! My mom deals with me! My dad and brother think I am a weirdo! My friends get it (and sometimes partake). Tyson thinks I am not normal (especially when I buy something when he is with me and then right when I get in the car (whether I am driving or not) I get out whatever I just bought and I look at it again)! HA! This is FOR REAL! W-E-I-R-D-O.

Any Who, how is any of this relevant? Well, these days, I have not had a desire to go shopping! What? Me? Not want to go shopping? No, I haven't because it stresses me out! Like I have posted about before. Nothing fits, I am in that between stage. My clothes don't fit, maternity clothes are too big, I haven't really known where to shop, blah, blah, blah....but I have recently found some things/places that WORK! The whole reason for this post is because I have a desire to share what I have found works for me in hopes that someone that is reading this is a beautiful, precious momma-to-be who is struggling with what I struggle with, or maybe someone who isn't yet to that stage but when they are they can refer back to this, and it will give them some suggestions on where to SHOP! Here are a few of my favorite places to buy maternity clothes. They are stylish, yet comfortable and have lots of good options and the best part, GREAT prices! 

www.asos.com
loft.com/maternity
www.pinkblushmaternity.com
www.theswankystork.com
www.oldnavy.com
www.target.com

These have been my favorites so far! Really cute, affordable maternity clothes. I am 5'1" and have had a really hard time finding maternity clothes with a good length for me. Let me let you in on a secret if you are 5'1"....you ain't gonna find maternity clothes that fit above the knee, and let me give you a bit of advice....find ya a good seamstress. I have been so angry because everything, I mean everything comes to like mid calf on me when sizing online says "hits above knee." Yes, hits above knee if you are 5'9". Ok, enough of that...these stores have some really cute baby momma clothes so if you are desperate like I was, ready, set, GO shop!

While I am on this topic, I want to thank sweet friends and "been-there-done-that" people in my life who have reached out to me during this "struggle." I am by no means looking for sympathy, but it does me so much good to have people randomly message me to tell me good places to shop, and where they bought stuff and what worked for them during their pregnancy, so if you are reading this, and if you are one of those people THANK YOU! You helped this momma out BIG!

P.s.- this is some seriously serious good advice from me to you. If you are pregnant and  love Forever 21, Loft (Lou and Grey) and J. Crew factory as much as i do, .stay away. Stay far away. If you are anything like me and you think that you will "just walk in to look around" knowing you aren't going to buy anything because it will be another year or 2 before it fits right then I highly suggest NOT doing that because it was a bad mistake. Probably the dumbest thing I have done in a while! Not
happening again. Nope!

Oh, and before I go...as I type this I am eating Zaxby's while listening to Pioneer Women on Food Network as she is making chocolate pie. That being said, I must not be too worried about it.

Thank you God for giving me Nix. Thank you really brilliant people who design fashionable maternity clothes (especially fashionable PETITE maternity clothes. Thank you friends for reading! Thank you, zaxby's for Zaxby's sauce. And thank you P-Dubb for that pie recipe that I am about to make. Amen!


XoXo,
the mom who is learning A LOT!

Comments

Popular Posts