Nix Kicks

Well, I don't know if this is a small glimpse of what the near future holds or what, but my baby is a day sleeper. Every ultra sound we have had, he has been posted up in there as snug as a bug, occasionally lifting his arm to stick his thumb in his mouth, but other than that, not very much going on. Guess what? All of our ultra sounds or as I call it "time with Nix" have been during the day!! Night time- yea, that's another story. That little boy inside of me is a party animal at night (again, is this a glimpse of my future?) ha!

Last night I was in bed watching tv (it was like 8pm. Needless to say the party animal in me expired a while ago). Tyson was in the kitchen working, so I was by myself and as usual here goes Baby Nix. Getting turned up in there, kicking those feet and punching those arms. I mean it seriously starts about the same time every night and it goes on for about 30 minutes. When I tell you that after that first kick every night I literally lay there as still as I can be hoping for another kick, I am so not kidding. As I was laying there I decided I would put my hand on my belly just to see if I could "feel it from the outside." I haven't actually felt anything or seen anything from the outside, but it is evident what he is doing in there. Last night though, the kicks felt "bigger" so I put my hand over my belly and after about 5 minutes he kicked! I FELT it with my hand. Like a little thump, I felt that little foot kick me right in the gut. It was AMAZING. I was in Awe! I got so excited, so I called Tyson in there and said "Nix is kicking his momma, he is kicking me, omg, OMG!!" Naturally, Ty put his hand on my belly in hopes to feel it to. I said "I don't know if you will be able to feel it. I don't know if he will do it again." He left his hand there for a minute.

Nothing happened.

He moved his hand and went to doing something on his phone. A few minutes later I said, "you're missing it, he is kicking again." He put his hand back on my belly and just a few seconds later that sweet baby kicked right where his daddy's hand was! He FELT it. We felt it from the outside. My heart melted right then and there. I was so excited. I said "did you feel it, did you feel it, he kicked big that time, did you feel it?"

Yall, let me tell you- I mentioned that my heart melted and that I was excited, but I can honestly tell you, I have never seen my husband like that. Of course it wasn't over the top, and he wasn't saying "omg, omg" like I was but there was that genuinely excited, happy, humble look on his face and I melted all over again. He said "ohhhh I felt it. That little boy just kicked me," with the biggest smile on his face I have ever seen. It was absolutely one of those moments that will forever and ever be my favorite.

Believe it or not, this whole baby thing is just now really starting to "sink in." I mean obviously we have been preparing, and we have been excited, but it hasn't been so "real" until now. After we found out what Baby Pugh was, then we gave HIM a name it all started to sink in more. Then last night happened and I seriously had the thought in my head "this is really happening." I got so excited all at once.

This is real. This is happening. This is a miracle. This is our greatest blessing. Our growing family. Our responsibility. This is our LIFE.

This is GOD. 

Oh, how good He is. How faithful he is. How loving he is. How generous he is.

This life I am living has always been a desire. I have always wanted children. I have had the normal thoughts of what being a mom would be like. I truly feel as though I was born to be a mom. Now, that being said, I didn't know exactly what context of "being a mom" I would experience, but I have always felt that I have those motherly instincts and the nurturing, caring traits of the typical "mom," but the fact that I am actually being given this gift and this opportunity, is truly humbling to me.

I am a lot of things, but one things for sure, I am thankful.

I give thanks to God for this gift. I give thanks to God for this experience. I give thanks to God for those 2 baby feet kicking me. I give thanks to God for that big smile on Tysons face. I give thanks to God for giving me Tyson to share this with. I give thanks to God for Nix.

I give thanks to God for this life. After all, I wouldn't have it, if it weren't for Him, and I am thankful.

Now that all of this seems so "real," I am in full force baby mode. Getting the nursery ready. Buying clothes. Registering. Baby showers. You name it, if it has to do with baby, we are doing it.

I long for that day that I get to meet him. I can't wait for the days of dressing him up and taking him out with me. I dream of the day I get to hold him. I am ready to kiss on those kicking baby feet. I am excited to be his momma.

In the meantime, I am content with him sitting on my bladder, and kicking on my belly.

XoXo,
A proud momma, already.



Comments

Popular Posts