This crazy, busy, beautiful life!

Again, it has been a while between blog post, but hey, we've got a baby now, and let's be real, who has time to post a blog? I am too busy staring at my child all day every day, wondering how I got so lucky, and soaking up every minute of being at home with him. I am going to get back at it, after all the whole reason I started it was to have a place to write and post pictures so that one day I can look back on all of our "memories" as a family!

A little about life these days...it's pretty great. We have our sweet boy that we waited (not so patiently) on. Finally! All the things I talked about while I was pregnant, I am now able to do. You know; kiss his neck, hold him tight, read to him, pray over him, rock him, sing to him, walk him and just flat out love him in person. It's absolutley wonderful and oh so exhausting! We have come to the conclusion that sleep is for weak people 😉 and it is completely overrated (insert yawn).

Nixie came into this world on June 11, 2015...the same day as his daddy's birthday! Here's a little about labor and delivery. To make a long story short; my water broke at Walmart in Troy, Al!! Yes, Troy, Al Walmart. Thank you, Nix! I was in Labor for a little more than 24 long hours, and it is 100% true...somehow, someway, God lets the memory of contractions, epidurals, water breaking at Walmart and really just labor in general completely fade from your mind very quickly. If he didn't, I would probably say "nah" to anymore little Pugh babies!!! Delivery was not bad at all for me. Pushing didn't last very long, actually, as odd as this may sound, I kind of enjoyed it and would do it again tomorrow. Ok, probably not tomorrow, but I would totally do it again! Tyson, my mom and our photographer Lyndsey were in the room with me. I've never seen moms eyes that big in my life, and Tyson...he compared the whole process to delivering a baby calf. I take it he was comfortable with it, because he has done that quiet a few times. But, I am still not real sure how I feel about that comparison! HA! Ok, back to it..after 24 hours, we finally got to hold him. Wow! What a sweet moment that one was. And let me just say, that is one thing I will never be able to forget! When they handed me that little, bitty guy with all of that dark hair like his mama I really melted right then and there, and from that moment on, I have never been the same. My heart has never loved something like I love this little human. Do I get frustrated? Yes. Do I pray for more patience? Yes, every night. Am I exhausted? Duh! But, the great big love we have for him trumps all of that. I still can't believe he is mine!

Where we are now...Nixie is 2 months old. This dude has done some living in these first 2 months of his life. He has traveled to Birmingham a few times, he has spent a week at the beach. He has gone to the driving range with his dad. He has met 2 sets of great-grandparents. He has been out to eat multiple times. And probably his least favorite...shopping wih me. Got news for him, though....get over it and get used to it!!! He is still a little bitty thing, but he is growing so much. Too fast I might add. I say this all the time, but really, if I could have one wish, it would be for him to stay little forever! He is precious and healthy and perfect to us and we really couldn't love him more if we tried.

Last week we went for his 2 month check up. He is much less of a whimp than his daddy because he took those shots like a boss! I was proud! At his 2 month visit he was growing right ok schedule, and just as healthy as he could be. Again, I was proud. During this checkup we were, however thrown for a little loop. Dr. Ernest diagnosed Nix with Congenital Muscular Torticollis (CMT). What? You mean you've never heard of it? Yea, we hadn't either, but now....I am pretty sure I know every single thing about it there is to know. I dare someone to tell me not to read what is on the Internet! HA! Anyways, what is CMT? First let me say, it is totally and completely fixable, and I WILL totally and completely fix it. What it is, in a nutshell, it is where one of the muscles in the neck, the "sternocleidomastoid" muscle which extends down the side of the neck, connecting to the clavicle is tightened and short. In his case, it is the right side that is shorter, which causes him to favor looking to the left. His chin points to his left shoulder and his head tilts back on his right shoulder. It causes difficulty for him to lift and turn his head to the right. My mom has been talking about this child's neck and head since he was 2 weeks old. Not that we just blew it off, but we didn't know. What causes it? Well, they aren't sure, but we do know he was born with it, and what they "think" causes it, is from him being crammed in my stomach in utero, and because of the lack of room in there, he basically stayed in the same position for a majority of my pregnancy, more than likely with his head staying in the same position which ultimately caused the muscle on that side not to grow to the same length as the other side. Now what do we do? First of all, we give thanks that we caught it early. We give thanks to our friend and pediatrician for catching it. We give thanks to gamma for noticing it and bringing it to our attention very early on. Second, we do physical therapy. We had our first appointment with the physical therapist last week. Nixie did so, so good! Again, guess what, I was proud! We will continue to go the physical therapist, but a majority of the work will be done at home. We have been given stretches and exercises to do daily, along with seeing the physical therapist once a week. We will also do lots and lots of tummy time, as well as different sleep positions to keep him off of the favored side of his head. If not caught early enough and if caught and not treated it can cause a lot of problems
that I choose not to discuss, because like I mentioned earlier...we caught it early and we will fix it. We do have a pretty long road ahead of us, though. I don't know if you have ever done physical therapy with a 2 month old, but they don't like it very much. And I don't know if you have ever been the mama to a 2 month old and had to do physical therapy but it's terrible. Still, I will do everything in my power to fix it, and I am thankful for the early diagnosis.

That's a little update on these Pugh's. I do want to ask for prayers. Prayers for Nix to not hate the therapy too bad, and prayers for us as we do the therapy. There is nothing fun about putting your happy, smiling baby on the floor to do stretches and exercises that make him scream and cry and become unhappy! We do not know how long we will have to continue this process,but we know we are on the right track to stretching that little muscle for the little guy!

Maybe my next post won't be so far between. I have about a million pictures to share of our little guy, and there is always something going on in our lives so I will be back shortly! In the mean time I am going to steal a kiss from Nix. I can hardly go 5 minutes without one!

XoXo,
Mama!

Comments

  1. Praying for you! What a precious little gift and wondeful family. God heals and we will give Him all the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! What a precious little gift and wondeful family. God heals and we will give Him all the glory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts