Gender Reveal: It's a BOY!

Its a BOY!!!!! We couldn't be more excited! Sometimes it will come across my mind and I just can't believe it! Yes, we would have been completely thrilled over a baby girl too, but if you were one of the many people that asked us the question "what do you want it to be" then you heard the answer "we will be happy with either, but we would love to have a little bit first! Sometimes I just can't believe that it is actually a little boy in there. From the moment we found out I will tell you, I feel differently. Like every time I feel those little feet kicking me, yes, it was sweet before, but oh it is so sweet knowing that it is my little BOY kicking me. Every time my stomach feels like it may burst open from all the stretching, all I can think about is that little growing BOY! When my belly is itching so bad I think I could claw it off, immediately think, one day I will probably be scratching the back of  this little baby BOY. It is surely the greatest gift I have ever been given.

His name: if asked once, I've been asked 100 times (and that is ok) "where did you get his name?" "Is it family?"  etc, etc.... So, his name is Nix Allen Pugh. Yes, both names are on Tysons side of the family. Nix is from Tyson's grandmother (his moms, mom) her maiden name was Nix. She is precious to all of us. She is 92 years  old and still as sharp as can be.. I was so excited to tell her the sunday after the gender reveal party that it was a BOY (she was certain it was a girl) and I was even more excited to tell her that we were naming him Nix. She has told Mrs. Kathy (Tysons mom) multiple times since we told her "I just can't believe they are using Nix for his name! When we told her on that Sunday she said "oh I love it." It made us happy!

And his middle name, Allen! What a special, special name. It is Mr. Monte's moms maiden name (Mary Cathrine Allen),  it is Mr. Monte's (our "monts")  middle name, it is Clint's middle name and it is Shep's middle name. Oh, how we miss that sweet baby, and wish he was here to meet Nix! We can't wait to tell Nix all about him one day and to explain to him how special his name is. I love a name with meaning and I feel like Nix Allen couldn't have more meaning. Thankful that God blessed us with a little BOY who will carry on this precious name.

The gender reveal party was just perfect to me! It was one of my favorite days so far and we had so much fun! Thank you to all of our family and friends who came! Also, to my super talented mom who set it all up and planned it, you are as good as it gets! You never fail to make everything you do so perfect, and you are so good at it! I loved everything about that day. From the decorations and the food, to the sweet time with family (some werent able to be here, but I know they were just as excited for us from afar) and friends, it was definitely a perfect day in my book and I can't wait to show Nix the pictures one day. It amazes me how loved he is by so many people that haven't met him yet. It is truly special to us for so many people to be so excited and happy for us. This adventure wouldn't be nearly as sweet if it weren't for the ones in our life who care about us and who love this sweet baby!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures to share from the gender reveal:

Loved the He/She Gold Metallic Balloons used for a "backdrop." It made cute pictures!
Team BLUE

Team PINK

Cookies are a must! Thank you Mrs. Kay for always making them exactly like we request! Everyone in Troy loves your cookies, too, and it's a guarantee if I am having a party there will be themed cookies! 

Loved the He/She cups! The clear cups with lids are from www.shopsweetlulu.com and the adorable stickers are from Lisa Stewart! Thank you, Lisa! They were perfect! The straws are from www.etsy.com

Framed the party invitation and had the straws in a mason jar sprayed metallic gold.


The door hanger I had made to look like the invitation! Thank you, Erika Mount! It is perfect, as always! If you need a door hanger find her on Facebook! She is the best there is!





















Comments

Popular Posts