The countdown is on

It has been a while, but let me tell you, life has been busy. The time between the work week has never been long enough, but it seems to keep getting shorter and shorter these days. We have been so busy with life, spending time with family, spending time with each other and doctors appointments weekly getting ready for Nix. I am hard core "nesting" these days and my house is never quiet the way I want it to be for his arrival and I constantly move things around and rearrange. It drives me crazy and I love it all at the same time! I have been going to the doctor every week for the last 4 weeks. Nix checks up great every time. I went yesterday and his heart rate was 138 (still the sweetest sound I've ever heard) and he is head down, fetal position and ready to go any time now (I just sneezed and thought he could have came out). At this point the countdown is on. Ready or not it's about to be game time, but I would say we are ready...

Or maybe I should say we are as ready as we will ever be. My house is clean, his room is done, my dogs are groomed and currently at this very second there is no laundry to be done (that will change in about 30 seconds I am sure), however it makes me feel good to know I'm on top of the never ending piles of clothes! Did I mention that we are ready for our baby boy to be here? Did I mention that I have never known that it is possible to feel 100 different emotions at one time? Did I mention I am so excited and my heart beats fast at the thought of having this baby? Or did I mention I am totally scared to death? Ahhhhh, how can you feel this many ways? Tyson keeps telling me that this is exactly where we are supposed to be. He is so good at reminding me when I start freaking myself out, that if we weren't supposed to be parents, and if this baby boy inside of me wasn't supposed to be ours then none of this would be happening? Did I mention I love my husband and the way he thinks. He knows how to calm my sometimes anxious heart and I give all thanks to God for allowing him to be mine.

As I sit here tonight I have so many thoughts running through my head, I can't even keep up. Sometimes I think if I could just go to sleep it would calm my nerves, but oh, hey 39 weeks preggo YA DONT SLEEP! Sooo, here I am continuing with all of these thoughts. What will Nix look like? How much will he weigh? How bad is labor going to be (don't answer that, thank you)? What am I going to do when I see him? What kind of mother will I be? And the best one of all....HOW do I do this? HA...kind of scary that I am asking myself how I am going to do this mom thing and I will be doing this mom thing in less than a week. Oh well, thank you again Tyson for the reminder that if it weren't supposed to be, it wouldn't be being!!

For this child we have prayed. Truly, I pray for him. I am so thrilled to be this little guys mom. I daydream of him being a little baby, then all of the milestones ahead, playing ball with him, watching him work the farm with his daddy, hearing him talk, dressing him up, watching him grow and most of all loving him with every ounce of my being. I can't wait to do all of these things. I sit here with my heart completely overflowing with the joy that I feel for someone that I've never even met. How can that even be? Go God...you are good all of the time, and I am humbled by this blessing.

Tonight....the beginning of our last weekend ever to have little responsibility, and for it to just be the 2 of us and our 2  favorite pups. Woah...talk about emotion. I am soaking up this last weekend. I am going to enjoy it, relax, get no sleep and countdown the days until there are 3 of us and our 2 favorite pups. This time next weekend...next Friday night I will be holding my child. My child. Our child. Mine and Tyson's baby boy. Nix. Nixie.... I will be holding him for the first of many times and I can't wait. Even though I am scared, I have no doubt that we've got this.

Thank you to all of our friends and our family for everything the past 9 months. Helping with the nursery. Showering us with gifts. Rubbing your hand across my belly. Being excited for us. Checking on me, and most of all praying for us. We are thankful for all of it.

Over the next few weeks please pray for us as we feel all of these different emotions. Please pray that we have everything the way it needs to be to bring Nix home. Please pray for safe travels for our parents to get to the hospital. Please pray for safe travels as we go to the hospital. Please pray for a smooth delivery. Please pray for Nix and please pray for these new parents who have no idea what they are doing, but will soon figure it out.

Xo,
Kady

Comments

Popular Posts